Easy sausage pasta dinner ready in 30 minutes! This sausage pasta dinner is made in one skillet and filled with smoked sausage, bell peppers and a creamy cheesy sauce.
What Kind of Sausage Do I Use?
How to Make the Sausage Pasta?
Add the tomatoes, chicken broth, cream, jalapenos (optional), pasta, and salt and pepper (to taste). I like the extra spice from the jalapenos but my kids did not care for the spiciness. If you don’t like it spicy, just leave out the jalapenos.
If you like this recipe, try these:
- Chicken, sausage and seafood gumbo
- Cajun jambalaya
- Slow cooker Cajun white bean soup
- Sausage roast pan dinner
One Pan Creamy Sausage Pasta
- 1 pound smoked sausage (500 grams)
- 1 large onion (diced)
- 1 medium green bell pepper (diced)
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- 4 small diced tomatoes (about 2 cups)
- 2 cups chicken broth (500 ml)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream (100 ml)
- 1 tablespoon chopped jalapenos (optional)
- 3 1/2 cups shell pasta (350 grams)
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (75 grams)
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley (12 grams)
- In a large skillet, brown the sausage on medium heat.
- Set it aside on plate covered with a paper towel. Do not drain the oil.
- Add the chopped onions and bell peppers and cook until they have softened (takes about five minutes).
- Add the garlic and cook for an additional one minute.
- Add the tomatoes, chicken broth, cream, jalapenos (optional), pasta, salt and pepper (to taste). The skillet will be really full so stir slowly.
- Carefully add the sausage back into the skillet and stir.
- Cover the skillet with a lid, turn the heat to high and bring it to a boil. Once it has come to a boil, reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer until the pasta is done (approximately 15 minutes). Stirring occasionally.
- Once the pasta is done, remove it from the heat. Add the cheese and the parsley. Stir together and let it sit for 5 minutes to thicken the sauce.
- Serve and top with more cheese if desired.