This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Easy sausage pasta dinner ready in 30 minutes with only one skillet! This pasta is covered in a creamy cheesy sauce and the smokiness of the sausage brings out the Cajun flavor in this dish.
Easy One-Pan Dinners
What Kind of Sausage Do I Use?
How to Make the Sausage Pasta?
Step 1: Cook the sausage
Step 2: Cook the vegetables
Step 3: Add ingredients for sauce
Add the tomatoes, chicken broth, cream, jalapenos (optional), pasta, and salt and pepper (to taste). I like the extra spice from the jalapenos but my kids did not care for the spiciness. If you don’t like it spicy, just leave out the jalapenos.
Step 4: Boil & Simmer
Step 5: Remove & Add Cheese
Tools I used to make this recipe:
If you like this recipe, try these:
- Chicken, sausage and seafood gumbo
- Cajun jambalaya
- Slow cooker Cajun white bean soup
- Sausage roast pan dinner
One Pan Creamy Sausage Pasta
- 1 pound smoked sausage (500 grams)
- 1 large onion (diced)
- 1 medium green bell pepper (diced)
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- 4 small diced tomatoes (about 2 cups)
- 2 cups chicken broth (500 ml)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream (100 ml)
- 1 tablespoon chopped jalapenos (optional)
- 3 1/2 cups shell pasta (350 grams)
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (75 grams)
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley (12 grams)
- In a large skillet, brown the sausage on medium heat.
- Set it aside on plate covered with a paper towel. Do not drain the oil.
- Add the chopped onions and bell peppers and cook until they have softened (takes about five minutes).
- Add the garlic and cook for an additional one minute.
- Add the tomatoes, chicken broth, cream, jalapenos (optional), pasta, salt and pepper (to taste). The skillet will be really full so stir slowly.
- Carefully add the sausage back into the skillet and stir.
- Cover the skillet with a lid, turn the heat to high and bring it to a boil. Once it has come to a boil, reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer until the pasta is done (approximately 15 minutes). Stirring occasionally.
- Once the pasta is done, remove it from the heat. Add the cheese and the parsley. Stir together and let it sit for 5 minutes to thicken the sauce.
- Serve and top with more cheese if desired.